This ongoing listing details any new information pertaining to individual Railway Hotels across Australia.
- Mackay, QLD – Langford’s Hotel, that was renamed as the Old Railway Hotel in 2011 has been renamed back to Langford’s (SAD!)
- Yeppoon, QLD —Big plans afoot for the Railway Hotel at Yeppoon. A new bistro opening next year will compliment the recent extension of the hotel into the former bottle shop.
- Devenish, VIC—The hotel has reverted to its original name and now trades as the Devenish Railway Hotel.
- Heyfield, VIC —The Railway Hotel Heyfield has a rich and proud history in Heyfield, dating back to 1878. After being closed for renovations for almost 2 years, it has reopened for you to enjoy its transformation.
- Timboon, VIC —The hotel has reverted to its original name and now trades as the Railway View Hotel.
Railway Hotels of Australia
Whilst the utmost care has been taken in putting together this substantial compilation, there are some oversights specific to each volume of Railway Hotels of Australia.
The following lists corrections specific to each volume in the Railway Hotels of Australia book series. Should you have any further information to contribute, please do not hesitate to contact Scott.
Volume One - Victoria
- Fitzroy North shown incorrectly as Fitzroy in Status of Hotels (page viii)
- Riddells Creek shown incorrectly as Riddles Creek in Status of Hotels (page viii)
- Fitzroy North and Footscray omitted from table of contents (page 2)
- Photo credit should read 'Creswick Museum' (page 71)
- The lands around Creswick are the traditional home of the Dja Dja Wurrung (page 71)
Volume Two - New South Wales
- Mullumbimby – Page 161 Reader Robyn Gray, whose family have lived in Mullumbimby for over 100 years, has advised that the photo of the site of the former Railway Hotel (shown as the Commonwealth Bank) is incorrect. The hotel was on the other side of Burringbar Street, on the corner of Station Street. The site is now occupied by shops and restaurants, and has a large car park out the back. Robyn’s Grandfather built the Court House Hotel at the other end of street. That hotel was known as the ‘top pub’ and the Railway as the ‘bottom pub’.
- Parkes p204: Footnote 12 reference: West Australian - 8 September 1937
Volume Three - Queensland
- Gladstone: Note on p82 and p83 – Clarification: The northern leg of the triangular junction was installed in the 1960s. Access to the hotel was cut off by the southern leg to Rockhampton.
- North Rockhampton p207: Ian Tiny should read Ian Thinee